1. Two $2,000 scholarships will be awarded to two selected high school seniors who are continuing their education at a two-year or four-year institution. Applicant must be an immediate family member to a Southeast Nebraska Communications landline customer in either the 245 or 883 exchange.
2. The scholarship is for one year and is nonrenewable.
3. Mail your completed application form, wallet sized photograph (for publicity purposes), the official copy of High School Transcript, educator’s recommendation form, and a 300 word essay, due by March 16, 2015 to Scholarship Committee, Southeast Nebraska Communications, 110 West 17th Street, Falls City, Ne 68355
4. Essay: On a separate sheet of paper, please include a typed essay of 300 words or less about: “Why you are pursing an education in your chosen field of study, and describing your educational and career plans”.
5. Applicant must use an official application (or duplicate copy) which has been dated and signed by the student. Interested seniors should speak to their school guidance counselor or visit the “About Us” section of Southeast Nebraska Communications website at www.sentco.net for an application. Typewritten applications and essays are preferred over handwritten submissions.
6. Written essay, Community & School Activities, & Academics are the criteria by which applicants will be judged.
7. The scholarship will be disbursed to the college at which the applicant enrolls. It will be co-payable to the student and college. One half of the total award will be disbursed each of the first two semesters.
8. Winners will be notified by April 15, 2015.